This week, Education Dive took a look at six tech solutions helping colleges and universities improve student success. Additionally, collaboration was king with Instructure launching a new Canvas Commons resource repository that simplifies content sharing between educators, as well as EdCast's $6 million venture funding round that will help it facilitate cooperation between universities in a model it envisions as the "multiversity." Meanwhile, Blackboard took its own steps further in that direction with its latest acquisition, WebRTC tech firm Requestec — a move that places it among the leading early adopters of the browser-based communication solution.
Be sure to check out our feature on 5 startups looking to fill classroom supply closets and more in this week's most-read Education Dive posts!
- Requestec is Blackboard's latest acquisition: The fourth acquisition under CEO Jay Bhatt places the company among leading early adopters of WebRTC technology.
- Instructure unveils Canvas Commons platform: The new platform, integrated into the Canvas LMS, facilitates collaboration between educators and is being piloted by Unizin.
- 5 startups looking to fill classroom supply closets: Looking for new ways to stock up on, or seek additional funding for, the supplies you'll need for the rest of the year? Look no further!
- EdCast raises $6M in its quest to facilitate university collaboration: The company hopes to create 'multiversities' via its OpenEdX-based Knowledge Cloud MOOC platform.
- 6 solutions helping institutions bolster student success: A number of companies are working to help colleges and universities move students across the finish line.
Would you like to see more education news like this in your inbox on a daily basis? Subscribe to our Education Dive email newsletter!