MOOCs and tablets were in heated competition for readers' attention this week. The year's major developments surrounding massive open online learning and how its three biggest providers stack up to one another won out in the end, though. Curiosity remained, however, about what Apple's Android-based competition has to offer in the tablet market, while the necessity of classroom tech and which college campus has the most to offer were also hot topics. Check out our feature on the 6 biggest MOOC stories of 2013 so far and more in this week's most read education news.
- The 6 biggest MOOC stories of 2013 so far: Online learning companies have increased their funding and their reach, but not without bumps in the road.
- MOOCs by the numbers: How do EdX, Coursera and Udacity stack up?: See how the biggest names in MOOCs compare side-by-side.
- iPads for students: Is technology confused with teaching?: With 640,000 tablets being given to kids in Los Angeles, one writer says it may be time to remember that technology does not teach.
- 21 Android tablet uses: What iPad's competitors bring to classrooms: Android apps are plentiful, but which options are making the platform's tablets worthy purchases for schools?
- Which college has the best campus?: One site crunches the numbers and finds 20 schools that offer the best campus experience.
Would you like to see more education news like this in your inbox on a daily basis? Subscribe to our Education Dive email newsletter!