This week, Education Dive spotlighted four schools with situations reflecting Moody's gloomy outlook for higher ed. In K-12, we looked at six virtual field trips perfect for educators contending with tight budgets, too far from various locations to make a physical trip feasible, or looking to give students additional perspective on other cultures. Meanwhile, Forbes announced the release of its annual college rankings (Yep, it's that time of year again).
Be sure to check out our feature on 8 crazy campus traditions and more in this week's most read Education Dive posts!
- Issues at these 4 schools reflect Moody's gloomy higher ed outlook: The negative outlook for the sector over the next 12 to 18 months is reflected by issues ranging from debt to falling enrollment.
- 8 campus traditions that aren't all pomp and circumstance: From superstition to the downright offbeat, some U.S. institutions have had well over a century to adopt some fairly strange traditions.
- Williams tops Forbes' college rankings: The magazine unveiled its seventh annual Top 100 U.S. Colleges list on Wednesday.
- 6 virtual field trips to give lesson plans a boost: Don't have the budget to travel the world? That doesn't mean students have to miss out!
- Infographic: Can cheating be curbed in online courses?: According to the stats, 73% of students believe everyone has cheated on a test at least once.
Would you like to see more education news like this in your inbox on a daily basis? Subscribe to our Education Dive email newsletter!