Education Dive's coverage of Educause 2013 continued to prove popular among readers, but Apple's announcement of new iPads stole the show. More important than the new models, perhaps, was what remained from the previous line-up. The week also saw a couple of unfortunate—and, at least in one case, unintentional—higher ed controversies surrounding dirty emails.
Find all the details on these stories and more at the links below:
- Apple's new iPads: What they mean for education: The updated iPad brings slimmer, speedier new models — and lower-cost older models.
- Ed tech highlights: 10 things to note from Educause 2013: From MOOCs and SPOCs to analytics and personalization, these 10 new and recent developments stood out at Educause 2013.
- 6 ways CIOs can revolutionize universities [Educause 2013]: Seven CIOs took part in an Educause panel discussion on how campus IT leaders can change the face of their schools.
- University of Iowa TA sent nude photos to students: A school spokesman says the email was an accident.
- Ivy Tech administrator emailed dirty jokes, nude photos: The governor who appointed the community college chairman says he's "sort of a salty guy."
Would you like to see more education news like this in your inbox on a daily basis? Subscribe to our Education Dive email newsletter!