Epic – the world’s largest digital reading platform for kids – is excited to unveil its latest offering, Epic School Plus, now available to schools and districts worldwide. This expanded offering will transform the educational landscape by empowering educators and students with unlimited access to over 40,000 books, 24 hours a day, every day for the entire year. Epic School Plus is the ultimate toolkit for educators, providing a comprehensive range of features to boost student engagement and reading proficiency both inside and outside the classroom. The original Epic School platform already has immense popularity, with over two million teachers using Epic. “We are continually listening to the needs of the schools, teachers and students using Epic and incorporating their feedback into our platform,” said Norman Basch, VP of Business Development. “We’re excited to be able to provide this expanded offering allowing access to a wide variety of content for unlimited reading enjoyment.” “My students always want to take Epic home with them to keep reading and enjoying books after school,” said Hannah Irion-Frake, 3rd Grade Teacher and Epic Ambassador. “I love how Epic School Plus now makes that possible!” More than half of teachers surveyed by Epic say they use it as much as they use physical books and two-thirds say it is game-changing for student learning.* With 24/7 access, students can now dive into a vast library of their favorite books at any time, from the school day, to home and even on weekends, and teachers can assign books for homework, research projects and summer reading. Key features of Epic School Plus include:
- Epic Originals: Curated with input from educational experts, these books are packed with social- emotional themes, promoting holistic student growth and development (coming soon: exclusive Epic Leveled Readers).
- 40,000+ Titles: Access an impressive collection of award-winning fiction that supports Social and Emotional Learning (SEL), alongside thousands of nonfiction books covering STEM, science, math, history and various other subjects (double the selection of Epic’s free school offering).
- Engaging Formats: Students can enjoy a diverse range of features, including Read-To-Me books that empower independent reading at any reading level and chapter books which challenge more advanced readers.
- Multilingual: In addition to English, Epic School Plus offers a wide selection of non-English titles including Spanish, French and Chinese language books and videos.
- Daily 20: Encourage students to develop a daily reading habit and foster genuine love for books and learning.
- ELA Tools: Empower teachers to filter titles based on various criteria such as AR, DRA, F&P, grade level and more. Engaging quizzes to test reading comprehension and dictionary lookup with spotlight words to help students build vocabulary.
- Auto-Rostering (Clever): Coming soon.
Educators will find Epic School Plus easy to use, with the ability to effortlessly assign and share books, track daily and weekly reading progress and gain real-time insights through the educator dashboard. Epic School Plus is fully compliant with COPPA, FERPA and other student privacy laws. "For years, teachers have been clamoring for a premium version of Epic School enabling 24/7 access, which is Epic School Plus,” said Nick Chen, head of product. “We're also in the process of adding new features for school districts such as auto-rostering, SSO and district-wide reporting dashboard that will be available in the coming months." Pricing varies based on customized plans for each district's needs. To learn more about Epic School Plus please contact us at [email protected] or visit www.getepic.com/schoolplus. *Survey conducted by Epic between May 16 and May 31 including 2588 of teachers using Epic in school.
Designed for unlimited discovery and unmatched safety, Epic is the leading digital reading platform for kids. Built on a collection of 40,000+ popular, high-quality books, audiobooks and videos from 250+ of the world's best publishers, Epic reaches more than 75 million kids in homes and classrooms and fuels curiosity and reading confidence. Epic has made access free to educators and more than 2 million teachers use it in the classroom. Epic is part of the BYJU'S family of brands, working together to unlock a love of learning around the world. To learn more, visit getepic.com, or follow Epic on Facebook, X, Instagram and TikTok.